Back to Work: Freelancer of Wedding Organizer - Lievell

Monday, May 20, 2013

Back to Work: Freelancer of Wedding Organizer

My first job after I graduated from college was being a Wedding Organizer (WO) staff. A friend from my Pastoran community, Peggy, is running this field as her main job. She asked me to join with her as her personal assistant. It didn't take any longer for some reasons. I worked for her only for a month in 2005.

FYI, I met Ali for the first time because of this job and because of her. :D Ali is one of her friends in a group from college. I met him when one of their friends were getting married in Kelapa Gading Sport Club. I helped her as a freelance and Ali with the rest of the ganks were busy as a part of the wedding. Few weeks after that, he called me and you know the rest...LOL

Ok, back again! ;P

Few days ago, Peggy was messaging me via BBM. She asked me to join with her team this Sunday. Wow! It's a bit surprised for me as I didn't work with her for almost 8 years. I accepted her offering. I challenged myself to be a Wedding Organizer freelance again. 

Together with Ali, we helped a couple in their wedding. It really look like we're back to few years ago when we had that day. I always love when the wedding is happened, everything is very romantic. 

We started our work at 7 AM but we had to wake up at 4 AM for taking Ali's shirt at our apartment first. I left Fritz with my parents and for sure he was so happy. Fritz said that he's going to have some fun with them. LOL.

Our first place was going to the groom's house in Muara Karang. Then, we went to Aston Hotel, Pluit, to meet the bride. Next, they had the holy matrimony at MBK, Sang Timur School. We're back to hotel again, but it's only me and Peggy. The rest of the team was going to the venue for the wedding ceremony at MGK, Kemayoran. We did nothing in hotel, just killing the time by chitchatting. 

Suddenly, one of the team said that we had to get the photo at the groom's house. It's just like a roller coaster inside the car with Peggy. She's driving like crazy. Luckily, we didn't run out of time to join with the couple and their family to the venue. In the end, with our last energy we're facing the party for almost 4 hours. Fiuh..what a job!

All the guests were heading home and we're still doing our job, tidying up all the things and making sure everything was back to the family. We arrived around 12 and Fritz had fallen asleep. We didn't meet him today.


Yes, we're totally exhausted! However, we really had a great team who always facing it with fun. It's really fun, surely. I can't wait to join with them next week. See ya next week, guys!

2 comments: