Rest In Peace, Popo - Lievell

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Rest In Peace, Popo

Wednesday morning, around 10 AM, I shocked hearing a bad news from Ali that her grandmother, we called Popo, had passed away. I couldn't believe it. I knew this news would come sooner or later in couple months but not sooner like this.

Her condition was not really good since April. She's getting thinner days by days and had refused to eat any food or even milk. She looked totally weak. She even couldn't move her body anymore. She's really needed help in everything. I think it's the best time for her to go. 

After I heard that news, I said to Ali that I wanted to go to his uncle's house to see her. I really wanted to see her for last time. When I almost arrived, I saw her uncle's car went out from his way. He said to me that Popo had been gone away with ambulance to Jelambar, the funeral home. He asked me whether I wanted to join with his car or just went there by myself. I preferred to go there by my bike.

I rushed to Jelambar hoping to see her for the last. Badly, she had already in mortuary. I didn't have any brave to see her corpse there, I was too coward :p. So I waited with the rest of family talking about the procedure this and that then we went home as we couldn't do many things till Iie came from Hongkong.

Popo is my mom in law's mom. She has 4 siblings. Her big sister, Iie Ahan, Ali's aunt from Hongkong. She goes to Indonesia very often recently to see her mom's condition. Then, my mom in law is the second daughter. The rest are 3 uncles, my mom in law's brother that we called Akhiu; Akhiu Awun, Akhiu Afung and Akhiu Aliong. 

Iie came that night and had picked up by Ali. Both of them were rushing to funeral home to know more about the procedure. Then Ali delivered Iie to Fave hotel and he went home around 1 AM.



The next day, on Thursday, all of us gathered in funeral home. In Chinese tradition, we believed in feng shui and it said that Popo had to be put in the coffin around 3-5 PM. Though Popo was Catholic but we had to follow the tradition. At the same time, we also had to pick up Pastor for the Requiem mass. We faced a bit of lack communication as Pastor wasn't at his place at that moment. Thankfully, we had Pastor with us and we could have Requiem mass then. That night, we had to close the coffin. So sad couldn't see her face anymore.


For few days, all the members of the family had to spend along the day at the funeral home together. It's really bad to know that we never had this moment when Popo was alive. To be honest, I didn't want it's over.

On Sunday, we really had to say goodbye forever to Popo. All of her children decided to cremate her at Dadap crematorium. It's the end of her journey in this world. Goodbye, Popo...until we meet again one day....




No comments:

Post a Comment