maid...oh...maid - Lievell

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

maid...oh...maid

Talking about maid's behaviors never end up and unpredictable...

Since Fritz born, my family had changed maids for almost 3 times in 6 months only...*sigh*
Many problems bout parenting make me feel curious and confuse as well but this maid problem was the worst thing to be confused.

Maid in my family is doing the chores such as sweeping, mopping, washing clothes & dishes, ironing and helping a little hand for my 9 years-
stroke dad and never I asked to help me in taking care of my baby.

It started when I had my maternity leave days. I should stand by at home every day before the delivery time came. It mean that I was be there 7 x 24 hours to watch the maid's work. I'm the perfectionist person, I admitted. For me if you do something, you should do it correctly and neatly. Maids never ever like the perfectionist one....right??

First maid
After few weeks Fritz born, suddenly in the day of election, she ran away from home in the early morning. She had worked for us almost 6 months after the Eid Mubarak. She ever asked to be quit few days before Fritz born but I told her to wait till the Eid Mubarak this year. Then, she showed her laziness in doing all her chores with unhappy face wishing that we got angry to her and asked her to quit at that time...She made purposely mistake, or purposely forget the routines.

As you know, few weeks after delivery days, as a new mom with new routines made me getting headache. Without someone help me taking care of my baby and having baby blues also, sometimes my perfectionist mood came out and burst out to this maid. Maybe she couldn't face it anymore, she ran away and called my dad to send her salary. Who did you think you were???

The problem was the phone. She bought a new mobile phone and got a chit chat with friends or maybe boys that made her couldn't concentrate in doing the chores. She still young, under 20s, and you know, still had young spirit to flirt with boys or just chit chat with friends....teenager....

Second maid
We got her from maid's institution and she was early 30s. She got a mobile phone...again....
This maid only worked almost 3 months. Actually, she could cook and it really helped me. Before, she worked in an elite estate and no wondered that she had a high style. She was early 30s but her style looked like a teen who liked to listen Agnes Monica's song and had a new edition music mobile phone.

Every noon she got a phone and chit chat when doing the ironing....cool.....
My dad asked who had a call coz he listened a whisper voice...then she said it was me....I heard that then I complained to her....She's motionless...

She really didn't enjoy her work coz should take care of my dad. Means that she couldn't have any leisure time to listen Agnes Monica's song. Again, she asked to quit with lots of fake reasons such as her dad was sick (her dad is only having an eye sore, you can buy the medicine in the nearby drugstore, rite??), her husband was waiting for him (she was a widow, how come her hubby wait her??) and another bla..bla.. reasons to escape from my house....*sigh*

Then, she got lazy day by day and only stayed in her room after doing her routine chores. If my dad needed her help so he needed her permission whether she wanted to help him or not..."were you busy?"
Her answers, "I'm doing this..." or "I'm still doing this.." or "I forget to do this" looked like she was really really busy and having no time to help my dad.

After almost 3 months, she asked to quit...again in the day of election...
So...byebye??
Not yet...
All my family, included me, were really burst out with her behavior when she asked to quit at that time.
So we took this chance to blow out our anger that we really unsatisfied with her work.
She ever mocked my dad's mobile phone and mocked her maid's room that it was too small compare with her previous job...so why didn't you come back there??? (maybe something happen occurs in her previous one, so the owner didn't want to hire this lazy lady)
FYI, she always asked to quit every month in the same date (12) coz it was the date of having her salary....very clever hah??

Third maid
We returned the second maid with this third maid. She was quite old in the late of 40. She didn't have any mobile phone (at the last it's revealed that she had it) and quiet energetic to handle all the chores and take care of my dad. Unluckily, she couldn't work neatly. Sometimes we should remind her many times to do neatly but that was habit, we couldn't change it....So far we were quite happy with her. She also was a quite tough to listen our anger everyday because of her little mistake but big effect..such as she forgot to turn off the water coz she was asleep.

Times went by so fast and it was the time for her to come back to her hometown for Eid Mubarak. She promised that she would come back. The fact, till the time is through, she didn't come back and very difficult to contact her. Again.....we were angry with maid but this time the maid was escape from our anger.....*sigh*
Lucky you, mbak'e.....


No comments:

Post a Comment