Toddler : 18 months 2 week - Lievell

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Toddler : 18 months 2 week


ABC's : Coloring Ff
I gave Fritz Ff's worksheet to be colored and also a flashcard of Ff. He can see him on his flashcard coz I put his picture there. Though he didn't really into in coloring, he was still enthusiast in looking the flashcard.

Flash Card: ABC
We sat in the floor and played with the flash cards. As I know he loves the pictures, so I gave him the Alphabet one.

I mentioned the pictures to him and asked him to point the right pictures after that. He could do for several pictures as usual. It just took not more than 10 minutes then he bored already...

I have to make some more flash cards again after this, contains matching pictures. Next project!

Practical Life
*Sorting the Buttons*
We continued the day by sorting the buttons. I gave him 2 boxes of buttons contains black and purple buttons and an ice cube tray. I asked him to put the buttons on it. Firstly, he wanted to do it then he refused it few minutes later.

After a while, I put a purple and a black button in each box and let him to sort it according to the colors. I gave him a button and let him putting into the right box. He knew that he was wrong, but sometimes he did it purposely with a smile on his lips and naughty eyes looking at me.

*Pouring water using funnel*
Since Thursday, I taught him how to pour the water using funnel. He did it well today! Though some time he missed it...^^

Learning Toys
*ABC's Flash Cards*
When I finished cutting the alphabet cards, I showed those to Fritz. He LOVES it, especially the pictures. I let him exploring the cards by himself and helped him with my simple explanation. Mostly, he knows the pictures.

He showed this style when he saw rabbit picture in R. Look so funny!
*Pushing into the holes*
I've got this idea from someone's blog that I totally couldn't remember. I found a used box of biscuit and I punched some holes using screwdriver through it on Sunday morning.

Firstly, I put some pasta in the holes and let Fritz to push those inside. Yup! It's a big hit for him coz it's the newest things for him.

I gave Fritz some chopsticks and straws too and let him put those into the holes. The fact was, he just loved to get it out the sticks from the holes. So I was quite busy to put the sticks through the holes. ^^

*O Puzzle*
Fritz asked me to open the drawer. He wanted to play with O Puzzle. Unbelievable, he can match the pictures correctly. I gave him 3 puzzles each row and he made it by himself. He really made it all, 15 cards...Great job, boy!

*Play Dough*
Since beginning I had introduce dough to Fritz, he wasn't really into it. He wants to play but he's not really so enthusiast. I try to give him again this toy to him. Like usual, I gave a tray and plastic knife. He likes the knife than the dough instead ^^

*Musical Piano*
After he bored with the flash cards, I put him in his chair for eating breakfast. I put this toy on his table. This toy has been with him since he was still under 1 year old. I couldn't remember well how months he was at that time. And it's his first toy that we bought with our own money...*so sad*

However, he really LOVES this one. Before he couldn't press it with his fingers, now, he can do it!!

*Pushing into the holes (again!!)*
Again in this week, he plays with the box and the sticks. He likes playing with this!

Gross Motor Skills : Going up the ladderIt's been few months I didn't maintain his Gross Motor, so today we went up the ladder. He was really so enthusiast. He did it more than once. He climbed up without any help but he needed help when he went down. He can went up very fast from one ladder to others till the second floor. He was really happy doing this.

Books : Spot's First Walk
Two days in a row, we read this book together before sleeping time. It's about Spot who has his first walk. It's a flap book and he loves it though some of them had taken away by his little idle hands.

When I read this for him, he really listened the story. So when I gave the book to him, he can open the flap by himself and did some gesture related to the pictures he has seen.

Movies: Barney - In the School

Barney again in the afternoon!

We watched The School one. It's really nice. It's about what we do in the school. Baby Bop wants to go to school but she is still young. So Barney makes an imagination school for Baby Bop. They sing song, Itsy Bitsy Spider and Where is Thumbkin? Fritz loves this song, he giggled when hearing this song. Then, they learn Alphabet, do color experiment by mixing the primary color and so on. But Fritz really can't sit down still till the end of the story. He was quite busy seeing his Cars Magazine. ^^

Miscellaneous
*Crossing Feet*
Saturday noon, when I was busy cutting the flash card in the bed, suddenly Fritz crossed his feet into this. This was the first time he did it and he looked like the first learner. He tried to cross one of his foot to another slowly and carefully. Look so adorable!

*Riding Motor*
Recently, he LOVES the boy's things. Riding a motor is one of it. He loves to sit on his uncle's motor one day in the afternoon. He refused to get down. It really took almost half an hour staying there.

I explained some parts of the motor to him. Such as the starter button, the horn button, the sign button, the lamp button, the speedometer, the fuel indicator and the rearview mirror.

I had to make a promise to let him down by saying we would go with Pop using his motor after he went home later. And he was getting down when Pop has just arrived home.
After Pop had his lunch and the time was 2.30 PM, Fritz hold his Pop's hand and asked to go out with motor. *gosh!!!*

Cause it was too hot, we decided to let Pop had his nap first. Then we went around at 4.30 PM. What a boy!! He looked so cute with a hat jacket on his face...xixixixixixi.....*With Poppa*
Sticking with Poppa in the bed after taking a bath...and reading a magazine together...^^

*With Opa*
Sitting side by side together with Opa in Uncle's room...^^

No comments:

Post a Comment