Brushing Teeth - Lievell

Monday, April 4, 2011

Brushing Teeth


Brushing teeth time was being a monster for Fritz. He hated so much when I insisted him to brush his teeth before going to bed. He always refused it and said big NO-NO for it. Then, I would ask some helps from Uncle K or Poppa to hold him tight and I was the one who brushed his teeth. He cried aloud as angry as well.

Sometimes, I really hated dealing with it and just let him slept with unclean teeth. The result, his upper front teeth were being decayed. It almost "ugly" to see. I really hate it so much but I'm quite afraid as well.

Suddenly, I have an idea....after seeing one commercial break. In that scene, there are a son and a boy who are going to have brushing teeth time together. Then, why don't I ask him to brush the teeth together with him.

We had two times brushing teeth time now. I prepared a glass and filled it with water. He would gargle the water and threw it out. Then, I prepared the toothbrush and the toothpaste. Together, we did the brushing teeth. He enjoyed it so much though he still wasn't able to clean up his upper front teeth.

So the lesson I get from it is give responsibility to the kid how small it is. It can make him grow up with a big responsible later. Trust in what he does!

I was totally wrong when I insisted what I wanted to him, brushing his teeth forcedly. Though it's not clean enough, he learns the responsibility in brushing the teeth.


No comments:

Post a Comment