My Journey in Internet. - Lievell

Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Journey in Internet.


Internet has changed my life lots. I knew it for the first time when I was in Senior High School, 1999.

In the very first time, I didn't have any my own line to online. I had to go to a place where they provided the internet that we usually called as "warnet". We had to pay 6,000 rupiah per hour to online. At that time, the chat room was big hit. Everyone who came to that place just wanted to chat with someone.

Then, during my college years, one of my friends were opening warnet and I sometimes went there. The price was getting cheaper than before, 4,000 rupiah per hour. At that time, I came not for chat anymore but rather to surf some favorite website.

In the end of my college years, one of my closest friends at that time, taught me lots of things that we could find with Internet. She taught me how to log in an email and how to use the social network using Friendster.

Then, I had permission from my parents to line at home using the telephone line. I had to pay the bill by myself as I'd earned my own money. Unluckily, I'd to online in the night when some people were busy with their pillow and bolster to get the fastest network.

I really loved my night time at that era. I could sleep till late, 2 am. So many things I can search on Internet, however, I have to face the slowest network as the others people did the same things with me. Sleep overnight to get the fastest network!

Time flies....

I knew Facebook on my early marriage. I was getting crazy with it and admired it a lot. There's lots of things we could do with it and it's very different with the previous one. It's getting more popular and more.

When I was pregnant, I was totally busy with this site as there's lots of games inside it. The one that I played was Pet Society at that time. I could stand for long time doing this such silly games. That time, I could online with First Media. It's very fast and cheaper than telephone line. Yay!!

While waiting for my delivery days and I'd resign from my work, I was getting crazier on games in Facebook. I thought it's not wiser. I stopped my games and started to find more information all about babies.

After delivering Fritz, I really had thousands time to sit in front of computer. I've got lots and lots of information and I was so surprised with those. It seemed that we're looking for a needle in the hay and I'm so happy to find it.

My journey was begun....

Starting with Weddingku.com. There's a forum for moms to chat each other talking about their pregnancy and babies. I was being recommended from one of my friend, I joined with Mom's on March 2009 club. We still keep in touch till now. What a great friendship though we didn't meet face to face firstly!

Then I joined with some mailing list in my Yahoo email to get more information from some moms. Though it's not really working as before, I'd few friends from it. I joined with Asi for Babies, MPASI rumahan, Sekolah Rumah and few from magazine sites. Three of them are the greatest mailing list ever for new mom like me!

With lots of spending time using Internet, I really learns lots of time through the worlds in one single media. I learn how to make a scrapbook and a blog. I learn how to use Photoshop with lots of free tutorial. I learn also to make a template for my own blog.

Believe it or not, I really didn't need any teacher to teach me. I learn everything all by myself. I can find many things via Internet and make me rich days by days. I still have to learn lots through this media that we called Internet.......it's like a glacier mountain in the Atlantic....so many things I still don't know inside it. Slowly but sure, I can......

No comments:

Post a Comment